Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FEKO Simulation Software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

felvanin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
feko antenna

Hi All,

I would like to have a comment on FEKO as software that can be used to simulate antennas.
what do you think about this code?

i have to design parabolic antennas and a small dielectric antenna.

i heard that FEKO is a good software, any suggestions?

thanks

F

feko antennas

I know that FEKO is quite good. It is very powerful and versatile, having several numerical methods. I think it is especially good for large structure simulations, like antenna placement on aircraft/warship, etc., but it should be also very suitable for parabolic antenna modeling. You can use either MLFMM or hybrid MoM/PO.

You may google FEKO and parabolic together and see if you can find anything interesting.

feko simulation software

I asked a FEKO representative, and he was quite honest about his product. FEKO is very good to model large structures, such as aircrafts RCS, antennas mounted on tanks, cars, etc. It is not the best choice to model small antennas, like the one you want.

About parabollic antennas, it is a rather involving problem, due to their high dimensions. GRASP/TICRA computes parabollic antennas far fields, but its really expensive. I modelled a 10 lambda dish antenna with CST, but the simulations takes a lot, even with the simmetries taken into account. It is worth a try though.

good luck,

marcelo

Status
Not open for further replies.