Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feedthrough filter with easy connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwieg

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, for a project I have some electronics located in a shielded enclosure, operating in close proximity to a severe source of EMI. However I need to measure the DC voltage of a DC bus outside the enclosure, so I'm forced to have wires running outside the shield. Also the DC bus is not common to the shield potential, so coaxial cable will not work. I've been looking at feedthrough filters, but all I can find are feedthrough capacitors which terminate in metal stubs, which I suppose must be soldered to. If possible I hope to have a nice connector to plug my sense leads into (preferably with an integrated common mode choke), but that doesn't seem to be possible with the capacitors. Is there a type of panel mount filter that terminates in a connector, similar to AC power entry filters? Or is there an easy way to terminate the lugs on feedthrough caps with a connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back