Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feeding Network of phased circular antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwan183

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All, I am working to develop a feeding network for phased array of 8 antennas. Each antenna in the array is being fed with same amplitude signal but a constant phase difference of 45 degree. I have simulated this in HFSS as shown in the attachment. but result are not valid. It looks to me there are HFSS have problems in determining the exact result. I tried it with CST. can't get good results. i use em talk to generate extra lenght. which is 6.5 mm practically with HFSS for 100 ohm line. Sub height=0.5 mm of Rogers 5870. f=3.5 GHz. Please do comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

em talk uses approximate formulas to calculate lengths that are usually required to be tuned using full wave simulator like HFSS. It is not a surprise to have unexpected results with lengths and widths calculated through approximate formulas used by microstrip line calculators. I think small tuning to lengths and widths can solve the problem.

Yes numan, I already took care of this fact and tuned the length using HFSS. circuit.gif As you can see in this image the 100 ohm line is rotated 90 degree around Z- axis. and Junction A and Junction B are at similar position. still the angle(S1p4)-angle(S1p3)!= angle(S1p2)-angle(S1p1). Anyways I going through the theory of these kinds of circuitaries. If anyone experienced could give suggestion, it will be quick. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back