Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Feedback loop for LT3680 based current mode buck?

treez

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
We are trying to calculate the open loop small signal feedback loop transfer function for an LT3680 based buck converter.
As you know, this is given by the [Power stage transfer function] x [Error amp transfer function] x [Modulator transfer function].
The Equation 2A-5 in the attached gives the [power stage & modulator transfer function]. However, it contains the term “R/Ri”.
How can we find out what Ri is for the LT3680?
(Ri is the FET source sense resistor; R is the load)

LT3680

Attachments

mtwieg

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would give up on trying to analytically derive the loop response of any of LT's controllers (the current mode ones, anyways). Every time I try, it turns out the actual part has some quirks that aren't reflected in the datasheet or LTspice model, and I have to manually adjust things. The culprit is usually their slope compensation, or logic which governs transitions between normal and burst/pulse skipping modes.

Reactions: treez

treez

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor