Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fedora electronic lab and cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

april1975

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I have seen the **broken link removed**. But I want to know wether it is a good alternative for Cadence IC Design System or not? Has anyone used FEL? What's your opinion?
tnx

Hi,
I'm not using FEL, but I use Fedora and what I can tell you is that a very clean and linear OS. I used Mint (good!) and before Ubuntu for several years, but in the last times the are became most Mobile oriented for me...so with or without the package for electronics, Fedora is a good choiche.

Hi,
I have tried FEL 2 years back. FEL in my opinion, is not a competition for Cadence / DC. You have a collection of programmes and need to handle them separately. It is a good alternative for small/medium designs. For academic use, it is very good as it gives a very good insight on design flow. I do not have any performance comparison experiences of Allience (FEL) and proprietary tools.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.