Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FEDORA CORE 8 porblem !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant2007

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

In my hard disk there are 4 drives c,d,e,f (10GB each)

in C drive i have installed windows XP

the C, E,F drives are having FAT32 file system

when i installed FEDORA CORE 8 on D drive which is having LINUX EXT 3 file system,
everything works normal, linux boots properly

BUT i am unable to see my other drives C, E,F why ????????????

ALSo

when i restart machine the dual boot option doesnot boots windows XP again
why ?????????????

OK so U messed up the installation :(
U installed GRUB in the mbr instead of the boot partition (not a big deal) This is why when U reboot U only see GRUB (The Linux Booter).

Is it possible that during installation U deleted a partition?

By default Fedora (and RHEL) don't include NTFS support, that's why U can't see those partitions under Linux.

On the other hand there are no disks or partitions in linux visible only directories. Go to the /mnt dir how many subdirs are there? There shuld be one for every floppy and CD\DVD drive U have plus one for each fat partition.

On the other hand if Windows doesn't appear in Grub get yourself a bootable CD (knoppix, ubuntu or better yet a WinPE like ERD Commander) and check to see if your Windows partition egsist.

Status
Not open for further replies.