Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[FDTD] Difference between 2D and 3D Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamtomvp

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,

I hope this finds you well.

Currently I am constructing a 3D FDTD model to simulate the pulse propagation within different media (free space or non-dispersive medium). Before I accomplished a 2D (TMz) model. The problem I have regarding the 3D model is:

Both the 2D and 3D model are assigned the same voltage hard source as the excitation:
2D: Ez(is,js) = source(n)
3D: Ez(is,js, ks) = source(n);
The same propagation distance between transmitter and receiver, same source, same media are used. But the received signals (which is selected as Ez field component) in 2 cases are different.

My questions are:
1.Can anyone tell me shall we expect the exactly same results for 2D and 3D FDTD simulation? Why? (Assuming all the conditions are set to same except the Z dimension)
2.If the 2 results are expected to be the same, any idea could be cause of mistakes of my 3D model?

Your any advice is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back