Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Facing Problem in Programming ATMEGA168

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandhu26

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using AVRISPmkII programmer for ATMEGA168... I used to program many times, it was working fine.. But suddenly its started giving problem like this [ISP MODE ERROR].. I am doubting whether controller is gone bad... How to find where the problem is??

Do you have any other mcu to try?
check the proper connection and if the programmer wires are ok.
Have you changede any fuses that may make the mcu not work (like clock source)?

Alex

Two boards i was facing the same problem... I was setting my fuse as internal Rc oscillator [8MHz] then unfortunately i changed into External crystal oscillator [8MHz]... Actually my board doesn't have external crystal for controller... Then i connected external crystal afterwards controller got detected... Then again i changed my fuses into Internal RC oscillator afterward i removed my crystal... Then it was working fine [one board i solved it]...One more board i think controller is gone bad [external crystal also doesn't work]... At last I changed my controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.