Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FAB DATA ON PCB @ALTIUM Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering in which way we can add fabrication data or design detail on PCB sheet in Altium Designer.

For example: Please load SpiritLevel-SL1 project in AE, and open pcb file, you will see a table on right side of sheet, containg design info and requests from FAB.
I want to know how to generate and add this table to PCB

Thanks,

There are several ways to get tables and text into an Altium Designer PCB.

First, you can just type the information using Place--String. There is no text box in the PCB editor, so you have to enter the information one line at a time.

Next, you can use a free add-on utility called "Klipper" and import the information from the Windows clipboard. The utility is available by registering at: **broken link removed**

You can import mechanical drawing files in DWG or DXF format into a PCB document, then cut and paste from the imported file into your PCB document.

If your data is available in Gerber format, you can import the Gerber file directly into a PCB document then cut and paste.

Finally, if your data is a black and white BMP image, you can import it as if it were a logo by using the PCB Logo script that is suppled free with Altium Desginer. It's in the folder "...\Altium Designer 6\Examples\Scripts\Delphiscript Scripts\Pcb\PCB Logo Creator".

Johnson

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Do you mean that table on SpiritLevel-SL1 project was not generated by AE, and I have to prepare it outside?

Re: FAB DATA ON PCB @@ltium Designer

Johnson said:
Do you mean that table on SpiritLevel-SL1 project was not generated by AE, and I have to prepare it outside?

That is correct, the table in the SpiritLevel-SL1 Project was NOT automatically generated in AD. Someone created that table by hand, just as you would have to in any CAD program (such as Autocad, for example).

If you like that table, you could simply copy it from the SL-1 PCBDOC into your own PCB. You could then edit it to suit your own needs.

Johnson

I saw the same table in Alegro and PADS projects, and I was hopeful to make it automatically, like the layer stack-up legend!

For adding logos, I am using Klipper for AD, thank you for your help!

FAB DATA ON PCB @@ltium Designer

have you ever try BMP2PCB? it convert a BMP file into PCB

Mike

Johnson

The cklipper is easy to use and has better quality and control,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back