Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extracting frames from video

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherless

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any body help me by telling how can i extract frames from a video clip using MATLAB, if i have a video clip and i want to extract all the frames , is there any possibility i can do it using matlab programming,thanks in advance.

A quick search through MATLAB help found this useful looking function:

mov = aviread(filename); % reads the AVI movie filename into the MATLAB movie structure mov
mov = aviread(filename,index); % reads only the frames specified by index

Hi,
So many days passed but no body is giving detailed answer to my question......

Only avi format video can be processed in matlab, and echo47 had answered your question.

Matlab supports a function called mmreader() which actually allows the users to read any video format...while aviread is used to read video in the .avi format...inorder to extract frames from the video use a function called frame2im()...this would actually allow you to extract frames for more information type in the frame2im() in the Matlab Help....

I hope it works for you!!!

please can u help me i want to extract video types (I,P,B) from a video . i want to discriminate between them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back