Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extract number 'number' files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouzbeh1360

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have a file with 8lines header and 17 coloumn. my data each number is in " like '52' how i can read this file in matlab and extract my data without string. such as:

Parsian Seismograph Co. www.geopersian.com manager@geopersian.com
SEISMIC A/D SADC03.00 board
StartDate:2010/03/10
StartTime:07:58:07:734

Date Time Ch01 Ch02 Ch03
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/03/10 07:58:07:734 89.7184 154.1184 116.656

e-mail: ro_yazdanfar@yahoo.com

Hi
thank you. I excuted that program. that's fine. but there is a problem many of my data are read az zero. and dont have their actual value.

The dlmread command will not read in text (must be a numerical value). I am guessing that is the problem. The solution will depend on the file. I will need more information about what is actually causing your problem. create a small file with just a line that is giving you trouble and we can work from there.

stefannm

Status
Not open for further replies.