Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External SSD Compatibility Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear experts:

I bought one portable SSD device(USB3.1 Gen2 10G). And I have two AMD X570 platforms. The hardware for both platforms is the same, including CPU(AMD Ryzen5 CPU), Win10 OS, and system SSD. The only difference is the two mother boards are the same brand but different model.​
Strange thing is when I plugged the SSD device into one of the X570 mother boards, it has speed drop issue, but if I plugged it into another X570 mother board, it doesn’t. I am sure the ports I plugged into are USB3.1 Gen2 10G on both mother boards.​
Here are my questions:​
1. Could it be driver difference caused compatibility issue(I installed same Win10 OS with the same ISO and I did not update OS)?​
2. Could it be BIOS difference caused compatibility issue?​
I have no knowledge about driver and BIOS. Could you experts here help explain why to me?​
Thank you very much!​

Best regards,

speed drop

Are you referring to disk (ssd) transfer speed? Is this measured by utilities which test various functions individually? Read time, write time, latency time, etc.?

The only difference is the two mother boards are the same brand but different model.

Are security/firewall settings identical? Does the exact same user account have permission for all operations? This may affect speed of disk access, or file creation, or file access.

To examine driver details: Open Computer, right-click a disk, navigate among options to select Details. When you find it you'll see version number and/or date.

There can be a driver and BIOS issues. Make sure your drivers are up to date. I am also using SSD because HDD was too slow and I had to load graphic softwares quickly to design infographics for my reviews website.

Your anti virus could be causing this problem.

Yes, antivirus could be an issue as well.

Last edited:

1. Try to update the driver
2. May be your windows firewall or antivirus are causing this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back