Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exteriorizing a PC P/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone exteriorized a pc power supply? I'm building a new matx unit and I'd like to use a full size p/s but case is tailored to sfx. Thanks:?:

Exteriorize: To remove from the interior. What I'd like to do is to extend the wiring to the power suppy (p/s), either directly or though a connector, to a p/s located outside (exterior to) the machine case. It seems that a 8 pin connector would carry all the voltages and sense data from the machine to an exterior p/s as follows:
+3.3v (Orange) , Com (Black), 5v (Red), Pwr-OK (Gray), 5vSB (Purple), +12v (Yellow), -12v (Blue), & PS_On (Green).
Of course wire length must be kept as short as possible to minimize voltage loss and maintain tolerances. The additional connector itself might introduce too much loss though. If it cannot be done through a connector then it might not be practical.

Thanks for your response
--Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back