Not open for further replies.

new life

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vco

if any body can explain to me the basic function of vco specially vco tuning ring

and the mathematical model of vco

thanx

vco

Actually Iwould like to know this too.

I guess it depend on how the vco is built. I built one a time ago by just four transistors, and a small number of resistors and two caps, and I guess the scale where near linear, exept from low voltage input.

I don't know the definition of "tuning ring" either.

If you have the posibillity to test one in a lab environoment and plot the input voltage versus the frequenzy, I guess you'll have a fair idea about how a formula would look like.

vco

There are ring VCO, LC VCO and transformer feedback VCO, etc. But the basic principles are same, just voltage to control the frequency.

I think new life was saying " turning range", together with phase noise, they are the most important parameters.

Sorry, i can't give the details...

Re: vco

new life said:
if any body can explain to me the basic function of vco specially vco tuning ring

and the mathematical model of vco

thanx

It is essential to undersand how a delay cell work in ring VCO.
For LC VCO, it is simple.

vco

thanx alot for helping

but what about the mathematical model of vco

new life said:
thanx alot for helping

but what about the mathematical model of vco

Like I say before, if the vco consist of a transistor pair that controls the voltage (over a pair of fixed resistors) and then also the current, there will be nearly like a linear formula. That is F=a+bX where F is frequenzy, a is some variable you have to find out yoursel by experiments, and b is the difference in F for one volts in differece.

To get it even more correct you have to compute the voltage loss over the base-emitter on the transistor pair, wich I slightly remember is a logaritmic scale.

I think VCO is a positive feedback. but it can be controlled by tuning current or capacitor.

vco

thank u very much every one

i need a last thing i want to know any information about oscillator's inventor and when he invented it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…