Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation and references about the RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ala

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid-handbook, 2nd edition klaus finkenzeller

What is the RFID?
what is a simple example?
How to push it into a cheap productions?
Tia

Re: What is the RFID?

For your last question, there are hordes of people trying to either reduce the price of the hardware or find new uses for the technology.

RFID is a transponder of low cost that is placed either in a plastic card or on some object. A reader interacts with it and reads a unique binary number stored in it. From this information and a previously stored data base different things happen. One is that a building door or gate of a motor vehicle parking area is unlocked or automatically opened. Another is that a data base inventory control system records that a product is in a shipping box or on the shelf at the store. The whole idea is to reduce human labor in keeping track of objects, or people or giving permission for access to a physical area.

historically this technology has been used for several decades. One early use was to keep track of rail road rolling stock. Another original use was electronic keys for electronic door locks.

other common use is i think in

shoping mall if you have seen items are tagged with perticular security tag which they remove when you purchase the item that contains the rfid so goods can be tracked within the store.

/ue

What is the RFID?

RFID = =Radio Freqency IDentification

ala

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What is the RFID?

RF is Radio Freqency
ID is IDentification

a example is the wireless card for the bus or janitor

ala

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thank all! But can u describe in detail your example. is there a simulation software for RFID?

Let me recommend the following book :
"RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification" by Klaus Finkenzeller.
(hxxp://)

Antenna topologies and frequency bands are presented.

Some indutrial RFID main actors are
Texas Instrument, Oberthur Card Systems or Gemplus.

Littlindian :)

I have seen a book of RFID Technology by Klaus Finkenaeller, a German. I have heared lots of factories of RFID, but I have not seen the RFID. Many people want to do something about it.

RFID is radio frequency identification. There is a tag with the name of ESD (electronic surveillance detection) which is very cheap for goods identification.
The price of rfid tag depends 1- security 2- capacity 3- range of rf 4- cpu ,....
but ESD tags are the best things for cheap goods.

Added after 19 minutes:

I forgot,
there are a lot of books for RFID fields in edaboard
1- RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification,
Second Edition
Klaus Finkenzeller

2-RFID Field Guide: Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems
AUTHOR: Manish Bhuptani, Shahram Moradpour
FORMAT: Chm
PAGES: 288

3-
4- RFID for Dummies by Patrick J.Sweeney II

Just search in edaboard to find them

So what do you think of the future of RFID?It is said that the technique ralated to RFID is very simple.

i read the book by Finkenzeller... well it gives the main ideas but for designing its not a good book.
who knows a book that is describing the antenna and getting matched to the chip.
what kind of printed antenna is preferred, i have seen only meanderes dipoles, what else is possible?

how difficult is the adaption to higher frequencys, most descriptions are about the 13.56 MHz, whta about the frequency 2.45 GHz or higher.

"RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification" by Klaus Finkenzeller

this book is very good. i recommand it.

Can anybody provide me Radio frequency identification handbook by klaus finkenzeller!

inneed of it urgently!!!

I have to say that there are not a lot of such articles. You may find some relevant papers from IEEE. I knew that there is a paper from Intermac talking about tag antenna design and matching in UHF.

bibijons said:
i read the book by Finkenzeller... well it gives the main ideas but for designing its not a good book.
who knows a book that is describing the antenna and getting matched to the chip.
what kind of printed antenna is preferred, i have seen only meanderes dipoles, what else is possible?

how difficult is the adaption to higher frequencys, most descriptions are about the 13.56 MHz, whta about the frequency 2.45 GHz or higher.

What is the RFID?

2000m range needs very larger TX power.
I can say TX power may exceed 50dBm which is similar to a GSM TX tower

These are few ppts and papers to give give better idea of rfid.

What is the RFID?

Wiley - RFID.Handbook.Fundamentals.and.Applications.in.Contactless.Smart.Cards.and.Identification.Second.Edition.chm
O'Reilly - RFID.Essentials.Jan.2006.chm
Prentice Hall - Rfid Field Guide Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems (2005).chm
Prentice Hall - RFID.Sourcebook.Aug.2005.chm
Que - RFID.plus.Exam.Cram.May.2006.chm
RFID - Read My Chips!.pdf
Syngress - RFID.Security.Apr.2006.pdf
Wiley - For Dummies - RFID.For.Dummies.Mar.2005.pdf

These books were posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back