Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expedition PCB Trace Impedance - How do I show it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebmaster

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using Expedition PCB to lay out a board containing differential traces. I would like to check its estimate of the impedance, based on layer stackup and trace width, but cannot find out how.

I am pretty sure Expedition's 'Final Solver' calculates this, as the help files mention the equation it uses when discussing the Layer Stackup dialog. I have set the constraint in CES, and can also see my constraint in iCES, but there is no 'actual' counterpart, above or below my constraint, like there is with things like TOF Delay Match, etc.

How can I get Expedition to estimate the impedance of my differential traces, and see the results?

Sj

hello, sebmaster!

In CES --> Data --> Actuals --> Update All.

you can see the results in tables CES.

after update, CES --> Data --> Constraint Violations, you can see violations in a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back