Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Example or tutorial for implementing 3-phase voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3-phase voltage

Hi

Do you know where to find example or tutorial for implementing 3-phase voltage?

That goes to math calculationg as well

Thank you

Maverick max

3-phase voltage

Hi,
what do u mean exactly by 3-phase voltage and what type of implementation?
i think i can help

3-phase voltage

Implementing?...do you mean generating?
When you talk about 3 phase I assume you are
talking about AC 3 phase, right? That means mayor
word, big voltages and a lot of power. If that is the
case, then this is the wrong forum for you.

Re: 3-phase voltage

Well

I am interested to develop code to generate 3-Phase sinewave using my microcontroller

Maverick Max

3-phase voltage

Actually, it can be the right forum if we talk about motor control!!
i used the PIC16F876 to generate the needed pulses to control a three phases motor... in which we construct (internally) the 2 missed phases given that the third one is an input:

hi,

if you use math library of programming languages, you can easily generate 3 phase voltages, and 120 degrees phase angles must be added also, but this routine works very slowly and if you want generate a 50 or 60 Hz signal, you may generate a 1 phase signal approximately in 2 minutes !!

I suggest to sample the 3 phase voltages in anotler program and write it as an array in microcontroller programmer. you must add a delay and it will be much more faster

Last week we had an experiment in microcontroller lab. class.We generated sinewave using it's transfer function.If you took digital controller class ,you already know how to
implement a transfer function by programming.That's the one way of doing it.
Second solution is using table.You can produce table using MATLAB.Take samples (at which rate you want) and create a table using that values.As another guy stated you can produce three phase sinwave just using 120 degree delay.
Best regards
Coskun

note:I forgot to say that if you want to generate sinwave using transfer function,then your microcontroller must have a DAC.

Easy way...
Write a lookup table in memory and use a pointer, the lookup table contains the precalculated values for a sine wave, as example 256 values for a 8bit DAC (128 values are also working...).
For each phase you want to create use a seperate pointer on the lookup table.
Now write a timer routine which will increment the pointer position and put out the current value of the lookup table to the DAC.
If you want to create a sine wave with 50Hz and you have a lookup table with 256 entries then your timer routine need to get called every 78µs. If you have a slower µ-Controller then you can easily increase the stepsize for the pointer and then your timer routine can be called not so often...

Regards...

interesting discussion there.i had a practical in college to control the speed of 3Φ induction motor.it was based on 3Φ PWM inverter employing integrated gate bipolar transistor(IGBT) to generate 3Φ from 0- 100 HZ and a duty cycle from
0 - 100 %.it employed a 89c52 µc.i know the math part behind it but dont have the code of controlling the gate of igbt.u can find in any standard book for POWER ELECtronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back