Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Event using FTD2XX_NET.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorgos3924

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a FT232RL chip with FTD2XX_NET.dll I've made a program which writes and reads data to/from AVR atmega32 mcu. First writes data, then reads data as answer.

Now, i want to make an event which indicated me if there's available unreaded data, only when AVR sends data to FTDI buffer and ONLY then. Whithout forcing my program to making loops for checking available data. For my purpose, i want to do the mcu to sends data only when he wants, and the PC must to knows when there's new data in FTDI buffer's chip. I know that It's impossible for the pc to know when AVR sending data to the FTDI. But this which I mean it's that I need some way for my program to know if FTDI have New unreaded data to it's own buffer. I don't won't to running read operator over and over in an infinity loop as I do now.

Hi,

did you contact FTDI directely?
Some years a go i aked for assistance and they helped.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back