Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ethernet 10M in bus cofiguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

nba83

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am designing a bus with 4 node on it(nodes are connected to a shared medium wiring) , i want to use 10M ethernet because it support ethenet bus, i am using Rtl8201 phy layer which support 10M ethernet. when i connect TX+,TX- of the nodes together i 'm not able to transmit anything, because they are not linked. are physical layer chips suitable for ethernet 10M bus configuration? how can i do that? what is the wiring for reaching bus configuration with any 10/100M physical layer chip?
tnx in advanced for any help

There's no defined standard for a twisted pair ethernet bus. Old 10BASE2 coax cable ethernet uses a bus topology.

There's no defined standard for a twisted pair ethernet bus. Old 10BASE2 coax cable ethernet uses a bus topology.

is it possible to have a bus topology with a phy layer chip which is compliant with ieee802.3 standard? i want to put the phy chips(rtl8201) on the same cable, the speed is not important , only shared medium is important for me.

RTL8201 still supports a legacy 10 MBit interface. You have to design a respective MAU circuit. In case of doubt refer to the example designs for 10 MBit network controllers, e.g. RTL8019.

Status
Not open for further replies.