Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESPICE model and Ibis device model

Status
Not open for further replies.

neena

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
espice models

Hi,

why device models used in pcb
what is actually ESPICE model and Ibis model

regards,
---

espice model

hi neena.
can u explain what is this PCB is this a tool or general printed circuit board.
one thing i know is models are used in spice(whatever spice it is )..they are inputs for spice engine about various devices.
say for ex:level 1 model includes internal capacitor, the next level model may include other parasitic thing of the device.
in analogy models are same as versions of a software program as versions increse more &more features we will get,||larly level incresing in spice.higher the levels good will be your spice results

e spice software

IBIS

The "I/O Buffer Information Specification" (IBIS) is an industry standard for signal-integrity IC modeling. Created originally by Intel.

espice simul

neena said:
Hi,

why device models used in pcb
what is actually ESPICE model and Ibis model

regards,
---

Maybe I can show you some differences between IBIS and ESPICE
IBIS models: models the parasities of a device package.It can represent the input characteristics of the device's input model, and the AC operating characteristics of device's output models.

ESpice models:models discrete components such as resister and caps.

Just for reference, as I am still puzzled with how to use a RLC network to model the connectors.

Thanks
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back