Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Esp8266 Voip switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some experience of the Esp8266 and networks.
I'd like to make a Voip switch, to control a large phone bell in my noisy workshop.
I'm struggling to find anything like this on the net, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, any pointers appreciated.

Why a VOIP switch? Are you asking to send voice to/from the ESP8266 or is it only to ring the bell?
Either way, you need an existing VOIP line and access to it or a POTS interface with ring signal detect.

Note: as you are in the UK, all phone lines are being switched to VOIP over the next couple of years so the solution may change.

Brian.

Just to ring a bell when theres an incomming call.
All my phones will soon be Voip.
I'll look into POTS.

Edit: Looks like Pots is the wrong way round, I want to close a relay which in turn will ring a 18" bell when theres an incomming Voip call.
So far it looks like I need a Esp8266 module with an on board relay, its the software I'm not well up on.

Do you have a "hook" that signals a VOIP has initiated ?

If so code fairly simply. Take a look at Tuniot for programming if you do not want
to tackle C/C++.

There are templates here for server or client. Just to the right of

1660913636344.png

Here is an example of a project controlling leds and a servo :

1660913741574.png

Regards, Dana.

Not sure what you mean by hook, the hook switch in the 'phone maybe.

I think what needs to be done is to have s client running sip protocol on the network, and define a ringing group on the server, so then the server sends the invite command to both my phone and to an arduino running sip protcol, said arduino can then control a relay for the ringer, turning it on for a invite and off for a bye command.

I'm fairly well versed wth C++, never seen tuniot before.

Status
Not open for further replies.