Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Errors in ARM chips. Which to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holatron

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm unsettled when I read the errata sheets of ARM chips from atmel, philips and analog devices. There are lot of chip bugs and I have'n perfectly defined project circumstances. The question is which arm processor have the lowest bugs/usefulnes ratio when I want to use them in application with osII operating system with average size of 128kB and gnu toolchain?

Regards

I have used the Philips LPC2129 for several projects. My opinion. Generally it is a good microcontroller, fast and powerful, but difficult to use, compared, for example to Atmel AVR. The most problematic are not the bugs, but unclear documentation.
There is an extremely active discussion forum for Philips LPC2000 ceries:
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpc2000/
where the most questions are due to documentation problems.
Nevertheless whith some persistence and experience it is possible to force it to work.

Varuzhan

Thank you for your suggestion. Somehow I skip philip's discussion. I'll check it. I'll convert some of my oversized 8051 projects to ARM platform with further power reduction. Have somebody some skills with Atmel's ARM microcontrollers? Information from practical use of will be helpfull.

Thanks

I have a lot of projects with the Atmel AVR. Some of them I can free share. What of
usage you are interested for?

Varuzhan

Status
Not open for further replies.