Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error when starting Questa over quartus on Fedora

HanneDE

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have an VHDL-Project on Quartus Prime Standard 22.1 which I want to test using Questa FPGA Starter 2021.
When running the testbench i have to Problem tha some signals are not shown to me.
Using the same testbench and entity on an windows PC lets me see the signals.
So i think this issue is releated to Questa.
When starting Questa from Quartus using Tools->Run Simulation Tool -> RTLSimulation
Quartus logs this error on the console

Code:
# do Processor_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do
# if {[file exists rtl_work]} {
#     vdel -lib rtl_work -all
# }
# ** Error (suppressible): (vdel-19) Failed to access library 'rtl_work' at "rtl_work".
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# ** Warning: (vdel-57) Library 'rtl_work' is missing or is not a valid QuestaSim library.
# ** Error: /home/hannes/intelFPGA/22.1std/questa_fse/linux_x86_64/vdel failed.

I can still start the simulation but maybe this is the reason for the signals to not appear. This error is not shown on the windows system. Does someone had this behavior before ?
Maybe i should add that i have delete an file named "liblzma.so.5" in the Quartus Installation path according to an forum entry from intel

OS is Fedora 38

@HanneDE
# ** Error (suppressible): (vdel-19) Failed to access library 'rtl_work' at "rtl_work". # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) # ** Warning: (vdel-57) Library 'rtl_work' is missing or is not a valid QuestaSim library.
Are you sure you are compiling the library "rtl_work" for Questa correctly?
Depending on your settings, a folder named /rtl_work should be created by Questa under which compiled library files (they are essentially binary files) will be created. If you do not find such a folder then that is likely the issue.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: