Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error - section '.udata_heap_1.o' can not fit the section. Section '.udata_heap_1.o'

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsatyish

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anyone help me to find out what type of error i am getting and how to rectify it..i am using freertos with pic 18f26j50 with c 18 compiler..while compiling i am getting this error

Error - section '.udata_heap_1.o' can not fit the section. Section '.udata_heap_1.o' length=0x00000400

i did simple multitasking program in it...help me..

you should look where the size of the heap is defined and try to increase it

you should look where the size of the heap is defined and try to increase it
in below definitions i specified heap size as 1024.suppose if i increased r decreased also its showing the same error...
#define configUSE_PREEMPTION 1
#define configUSE_IDLE_HOOK 0
#define configUSE_TICK_HOOK 0
#define configTICK_RATE_HZ ( ( portTickType ) 1000 )
#define configCPU_CLOCK_HZ ( ( unsigned long ) 20000000 )
#define configMAX_PRIORITIES ( ( unsigned portBASE_TYPE ) 4 )
#define configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE ( 105 )
#define configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE ( ( size_t ) 1024 )
#define configMAX_TASK_NAME_LEN ( 4 )
#define configUSE_TRACE_FACILITY 0
#define configUSE_16_BIT_TICKS 1
#define configIDLE_SHOULD_YIELD 1

maybe you get the error because the heap is larger than the MCU memory bank, sorry but i do not know how it is handled with the FreeRTOS on PIC. try looking for different memory models.

maybe you get the error because the heap is larger than the MCU memory bank, sorry but i do not know how it is handled with the FreeRTOS on PIC. try looking for different memory models.

thanks for yr help..i will check sir...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back