Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Error during optimization with LSSP controller "Independent variable does not exist for RangeVar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am getting this error when I am trying to optimize in ADS with LSSP Simulation controller "Independent variable does not exist for RangeVar". Using the "freq" variable as well as creating an independent variable didn't fix the problem. Using a small signal SP controller as the final analysis fixes the problem, but I want to optimize with LSSP. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 80
  • freq.png
    freq.png
    49 KB · Views: 76
  • independent var.png
    independent var.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 74

I am getting this error when I am trying to optimize in ADS with LSSP Simulation controller "Independent variable does not exist for RangeVar". Using the "freq" variable as well as creating an independent variable didn't fix the problem. Using a small signal SP controller as the final analysis fixes the problem, but I want to optimize with LSSP. Thanks in advance for your help.
@BigBoss @FvM

creating an independent variable didn't fix the problem
Do you understand the meaning of "independent variable"? This is the variable/value that you sweep. For SP analysis that is "freq".

But if you look at the ADS LSSP example, they use "LSSP_freq" as the sweep variable (idependent variable), and this variable name is what you need to specify in the optimization goals to limit the goal to a certain range.

In your screenshot, you have used "freq" and it seems that your LSSP frequency variable has a different name in your testbench.

LSSP_freq.png

But f

Last edited:

Do you understand the meaning of "independent variable"? This is the variable/value that you sweep. For SP analysis that is "freq".

But if you look at the ADS LSSP example, they use "LSSP_freq" as the sweep variable (idependent variable), and this variable name is what you need to specify in the optimization goals to limit the goal to a certain range.

In your screenshot, you have used "freq" and it seems that your LSSP frequency variable has a different name in your testbench.

View attachment 183746
But f
Thanks a lot, volker@muehlhaus. In fact, I followed the same method as you suggested and repeated your steps, but I am still getting the same error. The problem is not with LSSP simulation, but when I select LSSP simulation controller as final analysis in optimization, I get the mentioned error. I will really appreciate if you could try optimization with LSSP simulation controller as the final analysis. Thank you once again. Waiting for your response.

Attachments

• LSSP_freq.png
    LSSP_freq.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 73
  • error_lssp_freq.png
    error_lssp_freq.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2023-07-10 230857.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-10 230857.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 74

Sorry, I have no time to replicate your setup. Check your variables in output (data display), if the variable that you selected in optimization for range actually exists in output data.

Sorry, I have no time to replicate your setup. Check your variables in output (data display), if the variable that you selected in optimization for range actually exists in output data.
Thanks a lot. I can see the variable in the data display but still the same error.

Attachments

• display.png
    display.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back