Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Error: Can't find name for bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aya2002

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends

would somebody please help me to correct the error that i face. please see the attached picture.

I am using Quartus II Version 8.0, schematic design. when i compile the design I face the Error: Can't find name for bus. I am new on Quaetus. please help. q2.png

You have probably confused it by connecting together named busses.

disconnect the ff ouptuts and the ram input, and instead use named association, ie. name the ff outputs Data[31..24] etc, and the ram input Data[31..0]

Reactions: Aya2002

Aya2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You have probably confused it by connecting together named busses.

disconnect the ff ouptuts and the ram input, and instead use named association, ie. name the ff outputs Data[31..24] etc, and the ram input Data[31..0]

I have the same error, it highlighted the right part of the design using blue color when I double click on the error message. See the figure below:

q3.png

you havent disconnected them, you have left them connected.
Connection is done by physical connection or named association, not both like you have.

On a side note - using a logic generated clock is not generally a good idea, especially if the data bus is running at the same frequency as the counter. You should use clock enables instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it also looks like you've used a bus signal when you meant it to be a single bit (Q[0])

Reactions: Aya2002

Aya2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
no difference, I showed the error in the attachment

q3.png

you havent disconnected them, you have left them connected.
Connection is done by physical connection or named association, not both like you have.

On a side note - using a logic generated clock is not generally a good idea, especially if the data bus is running at the same frequency as the counter. You should use clock enables instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it also looks like you've used a bus signal when you meant it to be a single bit (Q[0])

solved thanks. as you said. it is my mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back