Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Erase memory with UV-light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludvig

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hobby uv eraser

Hi
Tried to erase a eprom 27c64 trough the window with UV-light from a "sun-lamp". The lightsource works well to make PCB with photores. Distans from lamp 25 cm. Time 1 hour. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS IN THE MEMORY. Its still programmed with old info instead of all High or all Low.
Whats wrong???? :(
Rgds
Ludvig

27c64 erase

I think the SUN Lamp is Infra Red, not UV. UV light is distictively bluish purpulish in color and is very very dangerous to eyes. For erasing you need a commercially avaialble cheap eraser that uses high intensity UV light. It can erase a 27c64 in 5 to 10 minutes.

build uv eraser

Hello

Erasing EPROM needs UV-B. These wavelenght are bad for skin
and eyes so SUN lamps filter them if they produce some.
SUN lamp produce UV-A.

You need a lamp emitting UV-B and protect tour eyes !

Regards

.... I forgot some numbers :

UV-A 400nm to 315nm
UB-B 315nm to 280nm
UV-C 280nm to 100nm

Bye !

Erase

That clarifyed why i couldnt get it to work.
THANKS
Ludvig

commercially eraser normally costs how much? I would like to get one, but still looking for it. Any suggestion?

Thank you, but I'm not going to build it myself. Any recommendation for commercial eraser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back