Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

equivalent resistance solution help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolifull

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Find the equivalent resistance from a point A to B can anybody please help me thank you ....

Untitled.jpg

do you think you can solve this problem sir... thank you

first calculate the two resistors on the right which are in series, then use that result in parallel with the middle resistor and finally use the last result is series with the two resistors in the left.

Alex

Hi,
Do you know how to to calculate the parallel and series connected resistance?. here is how to do see text in the image:
View attachment untitled.bmp

I don't see how solving his homework will help him learn.

Alex

hi ALEX

Hi Alex thank you for help but I still dont understand until I see it, so if you can solve whole this DIAGRAM so please you have time can you send me an e - mail of whole of your work on mentor-sh@hotmail.com ... once again thank you

To find the the total resistance of two resistors connected in series you add them, Rtotal=R1+R2.
When they are connected in parallel then Rtotal = (R1*R2)/(R1+R2)

use this
res1.gif

first calculate Rtotal1
then use Rtotal1 to calculate Rtotal2 with the resistors in parallel
and finally use Rtotal2 in series with the remaining resistors to calculate Rtotal

Alex

I think he is not interested in learning. He just wants to finish the assignment. He did not make any question on the replies but insisted to send him main for the solved example.

I have send him a private message its not that I dont want to learn, but however thank you for writing too
and I am sorry if you meant that I don't want to study...
and if you can tell me what law we have to load in the example, I think I have to use the Ohm's law if I am right for this example ?

The equation that is used for series resistors is explained
and for parallel resistors at

They are based on Ohm's law

Alex

Alex sorry for late replay, once again thank you and I will try to find the solution when I get home after my work time... and I will see what can I do you have a great time and thank you once again

You are welcome.
If you just want to solve the circuit then the simplified equations of post #8 are enough, in the links of post #11 is the explanation of how we have come up with these equations which is useful to know but will not be used to solve your circuit.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.