Not open for further replies.

Fred_B

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need the equations for a T pad with different source and load impedances. I noticed that with the same source and load impedances, the equations for the Pi pad and T pad are mostly just reciprocals of each other. I tried to follow the same pattern the the Pi pad equations for different source and load impedances to convert those into the T versions although I failed to quite get it. Any help would be appreciated. Below is a link to page I used for the Pi and T pad equations.

Regards,
Fred B.

Please tell the impedance and attenuation values that failed in your calculation. You understand that unequal impedances involve a minimal attenuation that can't be deceeded?

dB = 6, Z1 = 50, Z2 = 53.5

Attached is my attempt to convert the asymmetrical pi pad equations into a set of asymmetrical t pad equations following the pattern in the symmetrical set of equations, which is basically that everything following the impedance term is turned into a reciprocal to convert from PI to t.

I plugged my resulting set of equations into a spreadsheet and the answers that it gave were off as far as the attenuation and the impedance match goes.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.