Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ensemble vs sonnet in designing microstrip filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakunamatata

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,everyone,i want to talk about these two simulator.i heard some companies use sonnet to design hts microstrip filter ,they said that it is very accurant but there are not so much talking about ensemble .but i like using ensemble ,in my opinion,the speed of sonnet is very slow and very boring but ensemble is on the contrary.on the other hand ,i also donnt know the accurancy of using ensemble .maybe someone are using this
simulator ,please talk about your opinion about these in designing filter!
:)

If you are practically designing a finite GND microstrip filter and want to put it in a metal box then just avoid ensemble and go for sonnet. And if you are going enough big GND and also keeping it free then avoid Sonnet.

Both are good softi though and i love them :wink:

:!: :idea: :?:

hakunamatata said:
hello,everyone,i want to talk about these two simulator.i heard some companies use sonnet to design hts microstrip filter ,they said that it is very accurant but there are not so much talking about ensemble .but i like using ensemble ,in my opinion,the speed of sonnet is very slow and very boring but ensemble is on the contrary.on the other hand ,i also donnt know the accurancy of using ensemble .maybe someone are using this
simulator ,please talk about your opinion about these in designing filter!
:)

as g86 said - closed box SONNET, open circuit ENSEMBLE :>

SOnnet

Hello

I usually use Momentum to simulate electromagnetic structure (usually microstrip balun). In this moment I am trying Sonnet and I have obtained the same results of momentum but with very lower time and memory use. I don't know Ensemble, but Sonnet is very simple to use and very speed for me.

Regards

If the edges of the filter is mostly vertical or horizontal such that the geometry can be easily represented by regular rectangles, go with Sonnet or MWOffice. If there are many tilted/curved edge, or small gaps, then IE3D, Momentum or Ensemble will be more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back