Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energy meter using controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasthicklee

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am abt to make a Energy meter using a micro-controller.For this I have planned the following flow.Initially,I am getting the Instantaneous voltage and Instantaneous Current from the Multimeter.This is fed into the Input ports.These values are taken as the input for every 1 second.These are multiplied in the controller to get the Instantaneous Power.These are added with the next seconds power and so on.These accumulated value gets upto a value of 3.6x10^6.i.e. for the first second let the power be 180W and for 2nd second let the power be 200W, so there will be 3600 diff values added for 3600 seconds, so to find the KWh, it is divided by 3.6x10^6.
Every time this value is reached in the counter,another counter should be used to count the no. of units. These no. of units should be displayed in a LCD display.

Am i right with the flow???
Is my method feasible and which is the controller to count upto 3.6x10^6??//

:cool::cool:pls help to sort this out...

U not use power factor ....as this is important

Status
Not open for further replies.