Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Web Server Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartsarath2003

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am looking at a very simple embedded web server using a micro controller(LPC1114). Initially I thought to use HTML- TCP - IP & ICMP - SLIP - RS232. In this method, my micro UART was connected to PC serial port. As you see I am not using MAC controller in the Link layer, rather using SLIP-Serial Line Internet Protocol.

Now I come across PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet) and want to replace the previous SLIP. My goal is to eliminate the host PC and want to connect my web server board straight to router using ethernet interface.

Does any body know if this is possible at all i.e. with HTML-TCP-IP/ICMP-PPPoE-Ethernet???
or am I dreaming something not possible.:!:

Please can some body help.

Many Thanks
smartsarath2003

Hi,
No replies :cry:
May be I can put the question in another way :idea:

Is it possible to design embedded web server with out a MAC chip??.

My web server is intended to be always on internal LAN and I plan to access it using external ip of the home router(which is configured to forward incoming tcp ports to my web server). So I want to be on ethernet (internal LAN of my home), but do not want to use MAC layer!!

Is this possible :!::!::!:

Thanks in advance
smartsarath2003

wib search at google from silicon magazin

Check the Book TCP-IP Lean Embedded Webserver, 2nd edition.
--
Amr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back