Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded the Neural Network in FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

conanct

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga neurone network

Hi all,
I am doing Image Processing using Matlab R14 (SP1). I use Neural Network Toolbox to recognize the object. After that, I want to embed the Neural Network in FPGA because the equipment must be portable. However, I don't know how to do?? I intend to convert from Matlab to VHDL using commercial software or any tools.
If using Accelchip or Xilinx systemgenerator, Could it convert the Neural Network from Matlab to VHDL to embed in FPGA????
Every suggestion is welcome.
I need the help from everyone.
Thank you,

neural network on fpga

Matlab and more specifically Simulink Xilinx Toolbox provides HDL code generation. That means that you have to brake down your neural network to basic primitives (multipliers,adders,etc) model it in Simulink and then convert it to VHDL using the Xilinx Toolbox. It is not possible to use the Neural Network Toolbox and convert it to VHDL, just forget that!. Bare in mind that the generated code is not available to see or edit. So for me it would be better to understand how a neural network works, brake it down, model it in Matlab/Simulink and then code it in VHDL. :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back