Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded linux project question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBdgWgt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,

i am a totally beginner in embedded linux world, but i love to learn it. i did a lot of porject with 8/16 bit uCs before.

i have some project offered to make an embedded linux environment which is stored in a 512MB Flash card, and the main requirement is that later on, that a JAVA program (which is before run on Windows) should be able to run on this embedded linux environment.

Is someone now just whether it is possible to do it or not. the project time is 6 months. and maybe good references might help me a lot.

big thanks for any answer

This should be possible. What are other requirements like: CPU arch, RAM video?

cfant said:
This should be possible. What are other requirements like: CPU arch, RAM video?

Hi,
the requirements are:
- VIA Eden 400 MHz processor (x86 compatible)
- 128 MB SDRAM
- 512 MB Flash card

so it is possible, isn't it? And where would you suggest me to start? since I am almost complete beginner. Later on I should run a Java application on the embedded PC.

I got a book "Building Embedded Linux System" by Karim Yaghmour. I've read the first few chapter and it seems a good book to help.

any other suggestions?

big thanks for any help.

regards,

http://files.nixp.ru/books/unix/linux/O'Reilly%20--%20Building%20Embedded%20Linux%20Systems.chm

hi,
hope this help you

Fire in the Wire :idea:

Where I can download the book:
Building Embedded Linux System??

Please advice link!!

Java Programming on Linux is a detailed how-to book on using Java on a Linux operating system. Topics include installing and enabling a Java runtime environment under Linux, Java development in Linux, running Java applications and applets under Linux, using Java with Linux-based Web servers, using Sun Components JCE and JAI in Linux, using Sun Environments Personal Java, Embedded Java, and Jini in Linux, and using JNI to Link Java and Native Capabilities.
Download:rapidshare.de PassWord:www.ITeBookHome.com

**broken link removed**

https://www.itebookhome.com/download.asp?id=1756

You need to know the extent of JAVA support needed. Hope you do not need the AWT. Also see that some JAVA (J2ME)porting and applicaition work is starterd now.

I can provide u with "Building Emb Linux Sys " book
Pass me ur mail id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back