Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic thread reel circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebarghyaChaudhury

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!

So I wanted to create an automatic thread retracting reel but were unsucessful because it did not meet my requrements so thats why I'm here again.

But basicly the idea behind this is that suppose you take a thread reel and attach two rubber bands on each of the two ends of the reel. Now whenever you pull on the thread from the reel, the reel will try to pull back the thread with equal tension regardless whether the thread is pulled out and tied to something or it is just released to roll back into the reel again- this is what I essentially want from the circuit but I want the circuit to stop pulling back on the thread on either of the following 2 cases:
(i) When the thread has already been retracted into the reel.
(ii) When the thread is tied to some external object and hence cannot be pulled back into reel at all.In this case I want the motor to pull on the thread for about 30 seconds so that it maintains even tension through out the thread for 30 seconds and then stop pulling. So now if I untie the thread again and pull out a little of the thread , the motor activates again and pulls the entire amount of thread back into the reel again.

I was thinking of using the back-emf of a dc motor to trigger the circuit and also I want to use a micro motor for this circuit.
This is absolutely the exact working that is needed from the circuit. I still a beginner in hobby electronics and this is my 1st project that I want to complete so your helping me design this circuit is well appreciated. Thanks alot!!!

Hi,

you can construct your project in two ways, 1- with leaf switches and 2- up and down counter using encoder wheel to reel drum and combination of both.

- - - Updated - - -

please go through the idea
proj.jpg

thank you for the idea but I want the circuit to be more electronics oriented rather than mechanical so that the prepared pcb can be cocealed almost in a 'cigarette box' for example so please help me design that type of circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.