Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic lingo which I don't understand (Low Power Quiesce

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasTok

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Sorry to ask, I have come across some word use in the datasheet and AD654 Voltage to Frequency Converter, in the datasheet it stated Low Power Quiescent Current and Low Offset Voltage. Can anyone elaborate these 2 terms to me in a layman terms as the information I search online is a bit PhD to me.

What is the advantage & disadvantage of Low Power Quiescent Current and Low Offset Voltage?

Quiescent Current, does it mean Q-Point?, from my understanding Q-Point help the amplifier to determine the swing that can take place on either side before going into saturation or cutoff.

Regards,
Nicholas Tok

Re: electronic lingo which I don't understand (Low Power Qui

Quiescent current is the power supply current it uses when it is resting. It is 2.5mA max when its supply is 5V.

Input offset voltage is an unbalance of the input transistors. Its input offset voltage is a max of only 1mV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back