Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electrical and magnetic coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano_o

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greeting!
I want to know how to distinguish between the cases when there is an electrical coupling an those we have a magnetic coupling.
an example is shown in the picture attached where both occur but I couldn't say/explain where or why the couplings occur.
Hope I made myself clear enough.Looking forward for your Help!
Best regards!

Coupling.png

From a port measurement perspective, I don't think you can distinguish between electric and magnetic coupling. A EM fields definition of coupling coefficient is given by Hong in "Couplings of asynchronously tuned coupled microwave resonators". Theoretically, you could sort out whether coupling is magnetic or electric from doing a full wave simulation, in HFSS for example, and looking where fields interact, or using the fields calculator to do some more advanced analysis.

Reactions: Nano_o

Nano_o

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back