Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electeric model for switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohadese.nozari

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any one know how i can make a electeric model for switch?

Do you mean for Spice simulations? There is a built in switch model S.a.

Keith

i want work in ADS simulation.
this switch must be off when V1<Vcont<V2 and mst be on when Vcont>V2 or Vcont<V1
thanks if help me

In which case I think you should have the standard switch device available. It has a high and low voltage threshold and on & off resistances. Between the thresholds it linearly changes the resistance to avoid discontinuities and prevent convergence problems.

Keith

I use it but now i want to model these switch with real model of them

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

can u help me?

I am not sure what you mean by a "real model". If you have used the standard switch model then you should be able to combine two or more switches to do what you want, which is a window comparator I think.

Keith

Real is usually understood in contrast to ideal, but you didn't mention any real switch parameters yet, except for a particular control voltage threshold. The said property would be simply represented by parallel connecting two ideal switches, as Keith suggested. If you are however aiming to real semiconductor switches, it would be time to end the mystery-mongering.

I want to make these switch with MOSFET and passive element such as capacitor or resistor in they are needed.
I try to design with PMOS and NMOS but i can't

You say, you want to have a switch that:
- "must be off when V1<Vcont<V2 and mst be on when Vcont>V2 or Vcont<V1"
- is made from real NMOS and PMOS transistors
- uses additional passive components, if necessary

Should be possible somehow, but what's the purpose of the simulation?

hi..i think your switching model is composed of MOSFETs that are an NMOS and PMOS which are connected to drains and sources together. for NMOS ,the gate voltage must be Vg and for the PMOS,the gate must be (Vg ' ). if you apply Vg as Vdd ,the switch is closed and and the current will flow,if you apply Vg as 0 volt,the NMOS and PMOS will be cutoff.So the switch will be opened.

You say, you want to have a switch that:
- "must be off when V1<Vcont<V2 and mst be on when Vcont>V2 or Vcont<V1"
- is made from real NMOS and PMOS transistors
- uses additional passive components, if necessary

Should be possible somehow, but what's the purpose of the simulation?

i want to replace these switch with transistor and passive element and place it at source of LC oscillator to make a pulse current.I want to make these switch by ideal element that have noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back