Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EKIT01-hMCAD1511 power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

urja

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an EKIT01-HMCAD1511 evaluation board. I have a question about how to power it. I have investigated, and I think it must be done with a 1V8 voltage. I would like you to help me defining the correct way to power this evaluation board.

1621596931825.png

Posting a picture of the assembly drawing is useless.

1) search for EKIT01-HMCAD1511.
2) download the manual
3) read the part where it tells you what voltage to use

id be surprised if you have to power it with 1v8...more than likely its got a 5V input or something on it, and that probably goes to a converter on the board, to give 1v8 or whatever

Thanks for your support!

That's what the EKIT01-HMCAD1511 manual tells about the voltaje:
1621839693837.png

In addition, on the schematics of the board, we can see how some FMC pins connect to 3V. Do you think that each of these pins must be connected to 3V, or are they pins from which we can take 3V?

1621840039118.png

Hi,

The board is designed to be mounted on a XILINX FPGA motherboard. Do yo have this?

The ADC board has 3.3V input (only input) and U5 generates 1.8V as ADC supply. 4 jumpers J3 --> J4 must be installed.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

No. I have a Enclustra Mercury PE1+ SA2. I have designed a VHDL code and now I'm trying to make the connections.
Which is the 3V input in the EKIT01-HMCAD1511? What pin should be connected to 3V?

Thanks.

Hi,

You should connect all GNDs, all VDD_3V3 (5x).

Note: it mentions 3.3V (not 3V as you do)

Klaus

Reactions: urja

urja

Good support!
Hi,

You should connect all GNDs, all VDD_3V3 (5x).

Note: it mentions 3.3V (not 3V as you do)

Klaus
Hi,

Would be possible to power the board using the VCNEXT and GND pins of the J2 connector, instead of using VDD_3V3 pins ?

Thaks

Hi,

Please read the "EVAL01-HMCAD15xx User Guide"

J5 is clearly named as outlet .. for powering external devices.
I can not recommend something that is against the original documentation.
But you are free to use it on your own risk.

Consider power sequencing problems.

Klaus

Hi!

I have read HMCAD1511 and EKIT01-HMCAD1511 datasheets but I still haven't gotten to read with the ADC. Could someone tell me what VCMEXT (JP2) is?

1622469224518.png

1622469260548.png

Status
Not open for further replies.