Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Efficiency and Efficiency in Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KawtherHamad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I simulated an antenna in a paper by the HFSS. The efficiency i obtained in is the one the first graph, the efficiency of the paper is the one in the second graph. Can i compare these graph together given they are in different scales?

Efficiency1.PNGEfficiencyinPercentage.PNG

Thank you
Kawther

Yes you can compare them. 1 = 100%. Efficiency is just a ratio of power in to power out.

Having said that there is clearly something wrong with your first plot as the efficiency is greater than 1.

What can be wrong? I followed the steps for finding the efficiency.

Antenna gain is always relative to Isotropic or spherical, which in practice is impossible to achieve uniform spherical dispersion.

Thus dipoles have some gain owing to the dispersion pattern is less than spherical radiation.

The depth of the notch is only 0.1 dB which spells calc error in plot 1

Last edited:

total efficiency = radiation efficiency X impedance mismatch loss of the antenna

refer to article below

https://www.antenna-theory.com/basics/gain.php

- - - Updated - - -

you have simulated radiation efficiency whereas the paper has total efficiency. CST will give you both total and radiation efficiency. im not familiar with HFSS. get total efficiency plot instead of radiation efficiency which will be comparable to the paper you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back