Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Effect of AC and DC wires being near together

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronak.f

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,
There is an AC current flowing through a wire, so it has an electromagnetic field around it, if we put a wire with DC current near the AC current wire, what is the effect of these wires on each other? Can we calculate the fields of both wires? What is the appropriate distance between these two wires? I wanna to solve and find the electromagnetic effects with mathematical or magnetic formulas.
Another, if we shield the wires and put them on a cable tray, has the problem solved?
Thanks for attention
Best regards

You can calculate the electric and magnetic field around the wires (thin and long wires) by Gauss and Ampere low easily. Gauss and Ampere low can be easily found in electromagnetic text books.

Well I know that the magnetic field around the AC wire will be:
B=μ_0 I/2πr
and the Force on the other wire will be:
F= (2*〖10〗^(-7))/r I_1 I_2 L_2
123.JPG
But I don't know how much "Tesla" could a DC wire tolerate?
or does the DC wire affect on AC wire too?
Thanks in advance

Is there any sites that I can download this software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back