Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eff. BW of a group of Amplifiers when cascaded...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady205

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello frnds...

what is the effective bandwidth when a group of different amplifiers are cascaded.....

For Example: consider a four gain stage amplifers with gains G1,G2,G3,G4 and the BW be B1,B2,B3,B4. then the effective gain and bandwidth of the system is....?

Advanced thanks

Shady205

shady205 said:
Hello frnds...

what is the effective bandwidth when a group of different amplifiers are cascaded.....

For Example: consider a four gain stage amplifers with gains G1,G2,G3,G4 and the BW be B1,B2,B3,B4. then the effective gain and bandwidth of the system is....?
Advanced thanks
Shady205

The midband gains are multiplied (resp. added if in dB); the BW I don´t know, because it depends on the characteristics of the various contributing bandwidth´s (order). In general, the smallest BW dominates - but that´s trivial.

Looking for another subject I went to this topic.
Although it may be out-of-date,let me a contribution.

If you have many stages with identical shape in their transfer functions (identical except for a multiplicative factor), the total transfer function approaches a gaussian shape. Its rms bandwidth is the rms bandwidth of the stages divided by sqrt(N) [N: number of stages].

Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back