Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] EEPROM Saving problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

namees22

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to this commmunity,,guys am doing one project in 8052 regrdng RFID tagging..i nee to save my tag read count to EEPROM..i have my own routines in c for it.problem is that,am reading the data to a variable and incrementin it,after that saving that variable .so then i tried showng the card this incremnted value should read and incremnted and again is saved,.my problem the value saving in not done..pls help guyss..

You must describe your problem more clearly. I did not understand your problem well. Correct me, if I did not understand well:

1. first of all, you read RFID tag - IT WORKS with your routine(s)

2. increment what you read and saving RFID tag value to EEPROM - DOES IT WORKS?

3. you try to show the card this incremented value - WHICH CARD?

You defined your problem like: "the value saving is not done..." Which value did not save and where it was not save?

ok,first of all thnx for the reply..i have saved some rf card numbers to the ram of 8052.once the card correspnd to the number is shown the persons name wil be displayed on the lcd.and i need to save that count to EEPROM(i2c).my alogrith is
1.initializing EEPROM memory to (0x00-0x11) as 0.
2.reading the content to a variable.
3.increment that variable
4.again saving that incremented value to EEPROM.

here the 4th step is not happeng every time 0 is geting read and and in disply it is shown always one.coz that "one(incremented)" is not saved.

Could you explain how you determine EEPROM location in 4th step? Maybe, there is a problem?

P.S. in 2nd step did you mean to say "writing" the content to a variable, or reading the content FROM variable?

no i mean that first i should read the content of a location to a variable ,say 0x00,then increment the variable..and again saving the new value to a location,

unsigned char rd;
rd=read(0x00); //read is my subroutine to read a byte//
delay(100);
rd++;
save(0x00,rd); //saving the incremented value to location.

this wil be happeng in a function so that once a card read is happend it should read the previous value and add on with it,and again saving it..hope u got now what i mean by it..

problem corrected guys..!!its ALL ABOUT DELAY TRY GIVING SOME EXTRA DELAY FOR EVERY READ AND WRITE..

Status
Not open for further replies.