Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eeprom & pic, sda question

Status
Not open for further replies.

King-Pago

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to write a byte to an eeprom chip and read it back to my communication screen on hyperterminal. What I don't understand is that if you're performing a reading subroutine, do you set your PORTC,SDA as input so that the eeprom can send data(through a series of pulses 1s and 0s and so on throught it and communicate with the pic18? My question also being does it do this itself after you've fulfilled all the start conditions and control bytes and so on?

My current problem is that when I read from it(the eeprom), the SDA is always high and I can't figure out why is this?Any help?

and what is the importance of a capacitor on the eeprom chip,i saw some circuits on the net with capacitors ?

thanx in advance

ps; I'm using pic18f45k20 and programming in assembly language

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.