Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEG signal processing... Correct or Any mistakes ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegal121

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends..! I am student and working on my BCI project.. I have to process EEG data and interpret the changes in EEG signal... I have signals in the .txt format.. I am passing my signal from a lowpass/bandpass filter and then taking burg spectrum for PSD .. My question is that what I am doing is the correct way ..? I just want to see the changes in my EEG signal in frequency domain ... below is my code... And If I take FFT of my signal or take power spectral estimation ( burgs or welch as in my code) so , these both gives me same result ...?still cant understand the difference between burg spectrum and FFT:sad: And sampling frequecy is same as the inverse of sampling rate of my ADC conversion time .....?

function Hd = bandpass %BANDPASS Returns a discrete-time filter object

% % M-File generated by MATLAB® 7.0 and the Signal Processing Toolbox 6.2. % % Generated on: 29-Jun-2011 14:12:51 %

% FIR Window Bandpass filter designed using the FIR1 function.

% All frequency values are in Hz.

Fs = 1000; % Sampling Frequency

N = 8; % Order
Fc1 = 8; % First Cutoff Frequency
Fc2 = 14; % Second Cutoff Frequency
flag = 'noscale'; % Sampling Flag
% Create the window vector for the design algorithm.
win = hamming(N+1);

% Calculate the coefficients using the FIR1 function.
b = fir1(N, [Fc1 Fc2]/(Fs/2), 'bandpass', win, flag);
Hd = dfilt.dffir(b);
data=[] % my signal in txt format 512 samples
figure;
C=filter(Hd,data)
plot(C)
figure;
Hburg = spectrum.burg(14); % 14th order model
psd(Hburg,data(1:512),'Fs',1000,'NFFT',512)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search