Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

edaboard home page added new activity stream ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it edaboard home page added a new icon activity stream ?

Yes we updated to the latest version and there are some new features.

Get in your profile and you will be able to see a list of latest posts from your friends and a couple of other tabs

It seems that the experience and blog tabs are completely inactive inside profile. Also I cannot see the "mark forums read" option.
Where someone can see the personal details of his profile from?

Is this the final state or there are updates to come?

The experience, blog etc are shown at the bottom end of the screen.
There will be some fixes in the next days.

Get in your profile and you will be able to see a list of latest posts from your friends and a couple of other tabs

What is purpose of showing latest posts of our firends in our profiles ? Or mixing this posts data with our personal profile data ?

Sorry I didnt catch the goal of this.

The feature I miss is the ability to mark "Forums Read" after one searches on "New Posts." I find that much more valuable than the Activity Stream.

I hope some of the other glitches were fixed. For example, if one went to a notice of a new comment to a subscribed thread and spent just a little too long reading and replying, then went to "New Posts," the return was nothing.

John

Dont worry jpanhalt this is probably some experiment or beta version.

Do you see experience button under search field ?

tpetar said:

Do you see experience button under search field ?
I don't. Do you?
The "about me", "experience" and "blog" tabs are completely inactive inside profile and not to be found in the bottom of the screen. They are at the top of the screen under main bar. I didn't find where I can edit my personal data from. To be honest, I also don't like this view of friends activity when I enter someone else's profile and mine as well.

jpanhalt said:
For example, if one went to a notice of a new comment to a subscribed thread and spent just a little too long reading and replying, then went to "New Posts," the return was nothing.
That was the only major bug of the page, all others were small to be discussed.

What is purpose of showing latest posts of our firends in our profiles ? Or mixing this posts data with our personal profile data ?

Basically the forum engine has been updated to the latest version, all this changes came with the update.
I just described the changes I noticed.

I don't. Do you?
The "about me", "experience" and "blog" tabs are completely inactive inside profile and not to be found in the bottom of the screen. They are at the top of the screen under main bar. I didn't find where I can edit my personal data from.

As I said in the previous post the about me, blog, experience, friends etc are all shown at the bottom of the profile.
Select any of them and scroll to the end of the page and you will see them.

I clicked the "blog" tab inside my profile.

I then scrolled to the end of the page and this is what I see.

I am using google chrome.

I use firefox and it is shown.
I tried chrome and it is not shown

The unanswered question is what purpose is served by Activity Stream? We already have new Posts and What's New. Does the additional value, if any, offset the crowding in the tool bar on smaller monitors, such as a 21" with readable size text?

My main concern, as already mentioned, is elimination of the ability to mark the forum read on the various search pages. Is that being addressed?

John

Moderators are not related at all with the update process nor have any access to settings related to the forum engine so I guess only the administrator can reply to all the questions.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.