Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linking edaboard profile to perosnal website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arongile

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Noob here,
I noticed edaboard.com does not have any embed feature or publicly available
icons for attaching user forum profile to an external website.
Like how one would attach a github account to an external website for example.

Question:
Is it legally okay to re-create the edaboard logo(say using InkScape) and use it in a personal website to link to one's own forum profile?
Thanks

Apparently it's not permitted since it implies it's connected to, or endorsed by Edaboard.
According to forum Rules (visible by scrolling across top menu of this page):

Trade Marks
EDABOARD trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not EDABOARD in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits EDABOARD. All other trademarks not owned by EDABOARD or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by EDABOARD or its subsidiaries.

Okay, this clearly answers my question. I'm not sure
how to mark it answered so I'm going to leave it at that.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.