Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECO for setup violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonic_528

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I have setup violations in my netlist and fixing them in PrimeTime, what kind of ECO is recommended and why?

(1) Upsizing the cells
(2) changing cell type from HVT to SVT/LVT (or from SVT to LVT)

I was going with #1 but then someone told me #2 is better since it has less side effect on crosstalk.

Thanks.

Hi supersonic_528,

the advantage of 2 is that you can do an analysis in PT (swapping the cell) that is very close to the post ECO situation since you aren't going to touch the routing anymore.

cheers

Thanks for your reply. Why will option #2 be more close to post ECO situation than option #1 ?

Because you don't change the routing at all since the 2 cells (HVT and other VT) have the same physical size / pins location.

But considering changing the VT of the cells give a thought on the leakage aspect as well...LVT has more leakage..may affect your design..If you have routing space I would recommend #1 for you.

Helpful?

The physical changes of #2 is only change the cells. No wires will be changed. So, no extra iteration between STA and PR will be required.
BTW, make sure use LVT will not introduce extra layers to your chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back