Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

easy way to plot the signal waveform in cadecne

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

After the cadence simulation, we need to plot the waveform we interested. The common way is that in the ADE, click Results-Direct plot-Transient Signal, and we use the mouse to point the signal, then the signal waveform will be shown.

I know we can save the signal in the Ouputs-To Be Plotted-Select On Schematic, after the simulation, the waveform will be shown automatically.

But if we want to see different signals at different simulation, we need to change the signal in the saved waveform.

Is there any key we can use to plot the signal waveform directly? After the simulation, I can press the key on the keyboard, and mouse to click to the signal, then the waveform will be shown.. I don't have to go to the ADE and repeat the steps Results-Direct plot-Transient Signal.

Thanks.

I think I remember something like save window which would
remember where to pull plots from and display details. If you
reran in the same testbench this could reload a favorite plot
I think.

Using calculator memories you might get more of a pick and
click (once) action but probably won't save that many
keystrokes.

If it's the need to go poking all around a large schematic to
get all the nodes/ports, that's the pain, I sometimes placed
all the usual nodes-to-plot as named net stubs all grouped
next to the sources section (as I organized things). At least