Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy USB CDC solution with PIC 18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy PIC USB CDC

Hi

i just can't set manual installation with mchpcdc.inf file

its saying Unrecognized Device, can you help me?

Re: Easy PIC USB CDC

i want to send data from pic 18f4550via usb pins D+ and D- pins.
i m using pic 18f4550 controller. i want to send it to pc. it has some data in binary.
can anybody send me the code sending any hex or binary data via usb pins D+ and D-.
email: ashu_aka88@yahoo.com
thanks

Easy PIC USB CDC

It finally worked
My D- and D+ were inverted.

The drivers i got from my CCS
"C:\Arquivos de programas\PICC\Drivers" - Default

I got a doubt, what is the correct speed in Hiperterminal? I'm working at 115200, but i'm not sure if is the best one.

thanks again

can i send information with this usb?
i want to connect a bluetooth usb dongle to a pic so i can connect to the pic via bluetooth like a cell

Locating PIC USB CDC INF file

Hi Friends,

I am working in PIC18F CDC_MSD development.when lug in my device with PC,windows wizard open and ask to install the CDC driver.I have locate the CDC
inf file manually it is working fine.But i will again plug in the device in another port.Wizard again and again open,ask me to locate the driver file.Please help me
to install one time,that existing driver will support all the CDC port communication without manual locating device.If u have any ideas to avoid location CDC driver again and again

Soms

Easy PIC USB CDC

sorry somasundari, you must give the inf all the times you change from usb port, at least you could set windows to find the driver, it will get the previous installed inf. from system.

Thank you for reply.

I have one more doubt,how to configure the windows to find inf file automatically,
if u have any idea please help to me to solve the issue.

Hello, I installed my device used .hex file. After that, I installed .inf file. But My computer can not recognize my device . Plz help me.

I have another question : Doesnt this device need a .sys file ?

Can someone tell how to use that mchpcdc.inf file

The problem with the cdc driver:
When you insert the usb, you will receive something like : No driver.
Go to Device Manager,you will see your usb without driver in the list.
Go to Properties,Details - and from property -select Hardware Ids
You will see : USB\VID_0461&PID_0033 ( or other value)
go to your hex directory, open the mchpcdc.inf file, go down some rows to :
[DeviceList]
%DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_04D8&PID_000A
Replace the VID_04d8 end pid_000a with your value from device manager.Then save the inf. file, go to update driver and go to your modified mchpcdc.inf
You will receive from windows something like driver not verified - continue....and 100 ok.

It works perfect, it`s a great start point, Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.